A random attack on Google unearthed this little gem…
Some of the insights it gives you into the dating behavior of on-line Americans is fascinating. I’ll give you a few of the highlights now though.
- A 5’6” tall man needs to earn an extra $175,000 dollars to be as attractive as a man 6′ tall.
- Men really don’t like tall women.
- Men don’t care much about a womans educational level or income is. In fact they prefer a slighlty less educated woman.
- Women prefer men who are slightly more educated than themselves.
- Men prefer an underweight BMI of 17 (emaciated, technically) at least in photos.
- Women prefer men to be slighlty too heavy with a BMI of 27.
- Asians seem to be the least picky about interracial dating.
- White women seem to be the most picky about interracial dating
- Genderwise, women are less likely to be interest in interracial dating.
- Black males were the most open to interracial dating.
- Asian men seem to be rated as the least attractive by women (sorry).
- A woman with long blond hair is considered more attractive than one with short dark hair.
- Red haired men are at a disavantage.
- Women prefer the standard male haircut (reasonably short). Long and curly does worst.
- Money really does make men more attractive. But not women.
So, no major surprises there then. It’s worth a read. Some of the more interesting observations are about the income increases needed tp make Black, Hispanic and Asian men equally attractive to white women: $154,000, $77,000 and $247,000 respectively. What women have against Asian men I’m not sure!