Hmm I’ve been reading up on IQ and gender on Wikipedia. Pretty funny really. If you know a lot about IQ tests and life outcome, it’s laughably simple to see how some of the mooks of this world will read SAT scores and university IQ tests as proof that women have a lower IQ, as the male average on all of these is a bit higher than female. The reason for the higher score is…drumr0ll… That most of the really low IQ people won’t be taking those test, and they are mostly men!It’s very simple, the lower the IQ, the more likely you are to drop out of school and not get around to sitting an exam that you know you’ll fail abysmally. If your IQ is less than 70 there is a 55% chance that you’ll drop out of high school, at 80 to 70 it’s 35%, at IQs above 120 it’s statistically insignificant (just me then). And the majority people with learning difficulties are male (about twice the number of women). It skews the numbers to make male IQ look higher. If you want to test a population to find the mean, you have to test ALL OF THEM. Anyone who understands statistics even a bit can see the bias.
- Modern human tool assemblages under and above the Toba ash in India.
- The X chromosome in population genetics
- Intelligence Predicts Health and Longevity, but Why?
- A low IQ increases the risk of heart attack
- Genetic Influences on the Overlap Between Low IQ and Antisocial Behavior in Young Children
- Bayesian phylogenetic analysis of Semitic languages identifies an Early Bronze Age origin of Semitic in the Near East
- Leiterband ceramics and other stray bits of info
- The Women of Brassempouy: A Century of Research and Interpretation
- Eurasian Y chromosome R1b in Africa.
- The trans-Saharan slave trade – clues from interpolation analyses and high-resolution characterization of mitochondrial DNA lineages